CLOSURE OF UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST
Cape Coast, March 16, 2020: Following the directive for closure of Universities in a broadcast by the President of the Republic of Ghana on Sunday, 15th March 2020, the Management of the University of Cape Coast, in furtherance of the decision taken by the Executive Committee of Academic Board at its emergency meeting held on Monday, 16th March, 2020, hereby informs students, staff, the University Community and all stakeholders that:
- All academic activities (teaching, lectures, quizzes, examinations including College of Distance Education examinations) have been suspended until further notice.
- All Students of the University have up to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, 21st March, 2020 to leave campus until further notice. Halls of residence will be closed after 6:00 p.m.
- As students prepare to leave campus, they should adhere to the regulations on Demonstrations, Rallies, Assemblies and Processions (DRAP) of the University, maintain social distancing and observe precautionary measures on COVID-19.
- Lecture Theatres, Laboratories and Libraries will be closed to all students from today, Monday, 16th March, 2020.
- The University Management is working with the Dean of Student Affairs, the Students’ Representative Council and Graduate Students Association of Ghana to provide vehicles to support transportation of students to some regional capitals at a fare.
- All International students are to remain in their respective halls of residence until further notice. The Centre for International Education and the Rapid Response Team (RRT) of the Directorate of University Health Services will monitor their activities and provide the necessary support.
- Students and members of the University community are to stay calm and comply with these directives.
- Staff of the University are advised to be at post and observe the necessary COVID-19 protocols and precautionary measures until further directives.
- Management solicits the cooperation and support of all members of the University community and our stakeholders in these difficult times.